“Tribute to Legends” organized by Laxmi Cares
Laxmi Cares, an NGO established and managed by the staff of Laxmi Bank organized Tribute to Legends, a musical performance followed by gala dinner on 6th January 2023, as a tribute to legendary singer Deepak Kharel. Singer Kharel enthralled the audience with his soulful and melodious numbers. The event was attended by around 300 dignitaries from corporate and business world as well has music enthusiasts from all walks of life. The proceeds of the event shall be used towards social cause under Laxmi Cares.
This was the second edition of Laxmi Cares’ Tribute to Legends series. The first edition was held in September 2019 as a tribute to veteran singer Mr. Deep Shrestha.
About “Laxmi Cares”:
Laxmi Cares is a registered NGO established and managed by the staffs of Laxmi Bank. Established in 2008, Laxmi Cares has carried the Bank’s vision of being responsible towards the community we work in, by way of several social activities, with prime focus on environment conservation, renewable energy promotion, financial literacy and girl child education. Major activities carried out by Laxmi Cares include:
- Solar Lights installation and maintenance at Bagmati bridge, Singhadurbar-Bhadrakali road, Patan Durbar Square, Chandeshwori temple in Banepa, Gadhimai temple in Bara.
- Construction of community hall (Aama Samuha) in Haibung, Melamchi of Sindhupalchowk
- Installation of Sanitary Pad Vending Machines for girl students in community schools in Kathmandu and Lalitpur
- Financial literacy related short videos in social media
- Facilitation of sessions on financial literacy for school children at schools in Lalitpur
- Support to hospitals, health centers, security agencies, local bodies etc with logistic supports in prevention and control of Covid-19 pandemic
- Tree plantation at several places across the country
- Relief distribution to several communities affected by earthquake, landslide, flood and other natural disasters.
- Scholarship support to deserving girl children belonging to economically deprived families
Laxmi Cares solicits finances for its programs by way of fundraiser events, membership fees and donations, such as:
- Annual Laxmi Cares Cycle Rally, under Go-Green initiative. The 12th edition of Annual Cycle Rally was held in April, 2022
- Tribute to Legends, in honor of legendary musicians.
- Membership fees
- Personal donations from staff of Laxmi Bank and other well-wishers
- Program specific support from Laxmi Bank
- Sale of merchandises such as windcheaters etc
- Program specific fund-raiser campaigns (eg. Earthquake relief, Covid relief etc)