Govt allocates Rs 5.51 billion for hospital equipment
The federal governmentt says it has allocated more than Rs 5.51 billion for the installation of essential equipment and machinery at various hospitals across the country from the beginning of this week.
The allocation was made as per a recommendation of the Ministry of Health and Population, according to the Ministry of Finance.
The Finance Ministry approved allocations worth Rs 178.7 billion on friday. The money will be mobilised for the establishment of the high dependency units and installation of the oxygen plants at the following hospitals:
- Bhaktapur Hospital: Rs 20 million
- Karnali Health Science Academy: Rs 51.2 million
- Charikot Hospital: Rs 15.5 million
- Jiri Hospital: Rs 8 million
- Bajura Hospital: Rs 7.5 million
- Bajhang Hospital: Rs 15.5 million
- Doti Hospital: Rs 8 million
- Achham Hospital: Rs 7.5 million
- Solukhumbu Hospital: Rs 7.5 million
- Khotang Hospital: Rs 7.5 million
- Taplejung Hospital: Rs 7.5 million
- Surya Binayak Hospital: 7.5 million
- Madan Bhandari Hospital: Rs 7.5 million
- National Trauma Centre: Rs 15.5 million
The ministry says the allocations have been made as per the government’s policy of making optimum efforts for the prevention, control and treatment of Covid-19.