Restaurant collapse kills 17 in north China
Kathmandu. Seventeen people have been confirmed dead after a restaurant collapsed Saturday in the city of Linfen, north China’s Shanxi Province, local authorities said.
The accident happened at around 9:40 a.m. as a restaurant in Chenzhuang village in Xiangfen County partly collapsed.
By 6:52 p.m., 45 people had been pulled out of the debris of the collapsed two-story building, including the deaths, seven severely injured and 21 slightly injured, said the rescue headquarters.
The rescue operation is still underway.