Saturday 24th July 2021

Three family members die after consuming poisonous mushroom


Published on : 28 July, 2020 5:25 pm

Three members of a family at Kushe Rural Municipality-1 in the district died today. They had fallen sick after consuming poisonous mushroom curry on July 24.

The deceased are Tek Bahadur Chalaune’s 16-year old daughter Ausara, 13-year old daughter Dhansara and 11-year-old granddaughter Niruta. Eight family member of Chalaune had fallen sick after consuming curry made out of mushroom collected from forest, which turned out to be poisonous.

They had been admitted to Karnali State Hospital. Dr KN Poudel at the hospital confirmed that they died in course of treatment at the hospital as they were reached hospital at last hour.

Other family members are undergoing treatment at the same Hospital. They were airlifted to Surkhet State Hospital by Rural Municipality three days after they fell sick.

Comment here !